During the cold Fall and Winter months, it is easy to forget about conserving energy. There are some easy, free strategies that you can use on a daily basis that can increase your savings.
Here are just a few of them:
- First off, during the day, by opening curtains to your windows to allow sunlight in. This naturally will heat up your home.
- During the colder winter months, placing a heavy-duty, clear plastic sheet on the frame will help reduce the amount of cold air that comes inside.
- Be sure to keep the damper closed in your fireplace, unless a fire is burning. Having it open is like keeping a window wide open during the winter, because it allows warm air to go right up the chimney.
- When you are home and awake, set your thermostat as low as comfortable. When you are sleeping, however, turning your thermostat back 10 degrees for eight hours can save around 10% a year on bills.
- Lastly use LED holiday lights when decorating your home this winter will help you save a lot of money as well!
Don’t hesitate to give us a call, toll free at 1-888-512-8878 if you have any questions!